Here are the rules for participating in Supernatural: Lineage. They will be grouped by category.
- No God-Modding.
- No Drama, save that for the RP.
- Keep IC in IC and OOC in OOC.
- Please respect everyone.
- Please be mature.
- Have fun.
- You must have a short biography for your character.
- You must provide a link to the main Supernatural: Lineage tumblr in your description.
- This is a Para/Multi-Para rp group, you are expected to attempt at least two paragraphs per post.
- Literacy is a must, “text talk” will not be tolerated. At all.
- For original characters you must have a playby, this way the other characters know what the person they’re talking to looks like. Real people only, no anime/cartoons. You need your tumblr icon to be of said playby, if you wish can post pictures, gifs, etc of them on your tumblr too if you like.
- Tags are important people, it helps us find posts on a respective character’s page. Tags should be as follows: Supernatural, SPN, Supernatural: Lineage, SPN: Lineage, and some form of the word Roleplay (I use three different forms just to cover all the bases.). I also recommend tagging the characters involved in the thread as well as the title.
- You must be fairly active in this RP. I understand life gets a bit busy sometimes and that there are things like school or a job that take precedence over RP. Though unless notification to the main tumblr page (This one) as to why there will be decreased activity or a hiatus, you are expected to be able to post at least 2 or 3 times a week.
- Before creating a character, canon or original, you must first be cleared to play said character with the group.
- Crazy hybrids, like half vampires or half werewolves, will not be accepted. If there is no accepted lore for them or they do not appear in the original Supernatural universe, they do not exist here. Sorry.
- If you wish to make a character of a supernatural race that you yourself created you will need to present a lengthy, highly detailed history of the race as well as lore based on it. I’m not gonna allow some half-assed, Mary Sue race in this RP so that you can have your character behave however they like then blame it on race to avoid the consequences. Also I want a well written, well thought out history/lore of the race because if it’s interesting enough I would certainly encourage other people making OC’s to consider possibly making another member of that race. Cause honestly there is gonna be enough angst in this RP and the added “I’m the last of my kind” brand isn’t really needed. If you want your character to be the last of their kind, present me with a good reason why, don’t just give me “cause I want them to be the only one.” That says to me you’re just wanting to draw attention to your character.
- No characters who claim to be secret offspring of John Winchester, or siblings that some how never got raised with Sam and Dean. Adam was enough.
- No characters who claim to be the illegitimate children of Sam or Dean either. Dean may have been a manwhore back in the day, but he was a SMART manwhore. And Sam was only a manwhore when he was soulless, but soulless Sam was scary smart Sam. So no go on bastard kids.
- Your original characters need to be original. Mary Sues and Gary Stus will not be accepted here.
- If there is a canon character you want to play that has been previously killed off, present me with a good reason and believable story as to why and how they were brought back. “I want to play them cause I really like them.” is not a plausible reason.
- Characters from other series, even if the series they’re from has supernatural/paranormal content, will not be allowed. This is not a Sandbox RP, Supernatural only.
- If you create a supernatural creature that is normally hunted and known to be hostile towards humanity (vampires, werewolves, ghouls, etc) prepare for there to be hostility towards your character, some hunters are stuck in their black and white ways that a monster is a monster and needs to be killed *coughDeancough*.
- RP threads will be coordinated through post reblogging.
- If your thread is going to contain adult content (violence, sex, etc) please let it be known in the title for the RP threads and put a “Read More” above each post once it’s starts to get smutty.
- RP threads should preferably be titled with a date and time, this helps keeps things in chronological order. Ex: Saturday, Oct. 15 10:30am (This was the very first post ever made in this RP Storyline. All dates should take place after this.)
- RP threads that take place before the first date in this storyline should be labeled as a back story.
- If an RP thread is started that you wish to be a part of, ask the thread starter and other participants before posting to the thread.
- To help maintain the smooth flow of an RP thread, establish a posting order, that way things do not get chaotic. Ex: Dean posts, then Cas posts, then Nate posts, repeat.
- When a new character wants to join a thread, it is the thread starter’s responsibility to make room for the new character in the posting order.
- When a character leaves a thread you must make a clear indication they are leaving the scene with an exit post. If you want to be literal about it put in parenthesis that your last post is your exit post, no need to keep the RPers held up waiting for you to post when your character is already gonzo.
- When an RP thread has ended, the thread start must reblog the thread with “-End Thread-” that way no one else will feel the need to add on to a session that is already done.
- Do not start any major plot lines in the storyline without first discussing with the admin. I say this cause I have a planned route for this RP to take, but I am not above suggestions for additions to the storyline or side stories.
Alright, that is all I can think of for now in regards to rules and such. I’m sure as we go along there are things that will come up that need to be addressed